Today, I wish to write about books.Yeah, books! OK, i know most of u wouldn't read the rest of it, but still, for the sake of the few booklovers still left......
Books.Books in the library, books on the table, books on the shelf, books in the kitchen, and mags in the toilet too! I'm drowned in an ocean of books, but which rescue boat should i choose? should it be a dickens, an Isaac Asimov or a Saki, while in the bookstore?
u might ask inky-pinky and ponky for help, or might as well refer to my guide of books.
Here it goes.....
1) The title of the book shouldn't go over your head.Like...."My name is red"!?!
2) The picture of the author should be printed on the cover. If he frowns too much, smiles awkwardly, or seems to pose especially for the picture, then put the book back to where it belongs, and hope that it stays there for long.
3) The cover should not have confusing illustrations. For example, if the title is, say, "Tragedy", then the girl on the cover should stop showing off all her pearly whites.
4) The print in the book shouldn't seem like a thousand hundred black ants scrawling all over u.
5) Read the first few pages.If u manage to stay awake, then move on to the next step.
6) If the price is a number u know existed in the number system, then go on, zip open your pockets and buy the book!!
(Still, if my advice doesn't work, and u begin hating the book, then persuade ur best friend that it's the nicest book uv ever read, deserves a Sahitya Akademi,a Nobel prize, a Booker, and blah blah blah, until she snatches it away from u, and u strike a fair deal with her Ruskin Bond. ;) )
Tuesday, December 11, 2007