Friday, May 25, 2007

The Countdown Begins......

heya!

Exactly TEN days to my birthday, and the mailbox is already flooded with greetings from close friends, classmates, masis, buas, cousins, second cousins and many, many others who bother to remember this 'significant' day every year.
It's the least I can do to thank them graciously, for it's their blessings and good wishes with which I have always started each year, for the last thirteen years of my life!!


This year, I have already received an advance present. My granny is coming to stay with us for a few weeks, all the way from Chennai!!
Travelling along with her are loads of home-made pickles, sweets and namkeens , which flavour my mouth for the entire year. And when she comes, I'll be free to do what I want, attend karate classes and music lessons, even when mum and dad are away at work!! thnx granny!

Its remarkable how someone's birthday gives you more excitement than your own. At least, that's the case with me! Whether its my parents' birthday, or my friends', or relatives', it's very exciting to plan surprise parties or outings, buying a nice present and just sit and watch their reactions as they open them.
But if its your own birthday, then all u have to do is sit on the sofa like a couch potato and watch preparations taking place. Worse, when people whisper mysteriously behind your backs, and your fingers simply itch to open the presents!!

Sometimes, though, when u work hard and things don't turn out properly,it proves to be quite a turn off! Like,this year, on May 1st, on my mom's b'day, we had planned to go out for a movie together, after ages! But dad's car got stuck in traffic, and that totally spoiled our plans! But mum was a great sport, and she decided to treat us instead,with pizza delivered home.

Now when skool reopens in July, I'll be expected to become totally broke, by treating all my friends in the canteen. But that's the real fun of having a birthday!!!

cya!
jan

2 comments:

Shy said...

Advanced happy birthday, jan ! And yes, we are expecting a huge treat from you after the holidays :-D. Your blog is coming on very, very well..

Eternal Dreamer said...

thanks a lot!:D
and advanced happy birthday to u too.exactly 17 days left...